Fab, Mad and Bad Addie

Wannabe Poet, bogus Prophet, wobbly Blob of Fat, cynical Kindred Spirit, angry Angel, Irony in Juxtaposition. Oh, and I'm IT illiterate too.

Saturday, October 28, 2006

In every blog, there’s always one entry that is a waste of anybody’s time to read…

(in some, more than others!)



It’s a Friday night and I rewarded myself by coming home early. And by “early”, I mean leaving the office at 7pm! Vernie had a craving for “sumfink hewty” so we both ruled out dim sum and mamak food, and headed for Subway samwiches at Menara Millenium. Not as a great as O’Brien’s, but it beats having to drive to The Curve on a Friday evening! And to cap a great dinner, I had a present from a visiting “relative” – who so considerately decided to leave a stain on my skirt… right… at… that… spot… NNNNNG-GAAAHHHH!!!!

Having ssoooo much time on my hands, I decided to watch a chick flick (after a useless week of rendang, muruku and too much sleep, your brain is a slab of mush anyway). “The Devil Wears Prada” was the perfect choice for a non-intellectually challenging movie. I have to hand it to Anne Hathaway – she has such a fantastic and infectious smile! I found myself breaking into one each time she smiles on screen. That girl is angelic!

The movie ended – and I couldn’t believe it wasn’t even 11pm yet! By golly – had I still been working in the big agencies, I would be clocking in for night shift right about now! Oh… what’s a girl to do… but read a silly interview on Vince Vaughn in last fall’s InStyle magazine? And so silly was the interview that I decided to play celebrity and answer some of THOSE questions myself!! (Some questions altered to suit the entry, but all answers are impromptu.)

SO, WHAT’S YOUR FAVOURITE...

Film:
- A Few Good Men, In The Name Of The Father, Dead Poet’s Society, Scent Of A Woman, Dead Man Walking, I Am Sam, Crash, Pulp Fiction. Erm… did you say filmSSSS?


Reality TV show:
- Only one worth watching, really. The Apprentice.

Childhood TV show:
- aahhahahahahaa… The A-Team!! (I was madly in love with Murdock… I mean, IN LOVE!!), Eight Is Enough, Seven Brides For Seven Brothers (eh, so many numbers one?), V, Battlestar Galactica (yang ori!!), Buck Rogers in the 25th Century. OK that’s all I remember.

Love song:
- The Answer, Sarah McLachlan. Annie’s Song, John Denver. When I’m With You, Sheriff.

Book:
- The Prophet, Kahlil Gibran. Midnight’s Children, Salman Rushdie. Jungle Book, Rudyard Kipling. Is it me, or don’t all these books have something to do with India or Middle East?

News source:
- CNN, The Star, The Edge, BBC. I like DW sometimes because they’re soooo devilishly rebellious!

Government leader:
- That’s easy! None. (Do Mandela and Aung San Suu Kyi count?)

Car:
- Beemers – hands down. If I could afford it, I would do a BIG, HUGE X5!!! Failing which, a 5-year old 660cc manual Kancil will do fine… sigh.

Sport:
- No particular sport. I’m so un-hip aren’t I? But if I absolutely must, I’ll watch tennis – men’s only, please – them tight asses in teeny-weeny white shorts quite do it for me, thank you! And probably some football – remnants of my “forced” World Cup frenzy.
(“Forced” because in my last job, we did a World Cup tie-in for our client, and we girls had to practically watch ALL the matches in order to get the project running on a daily basis – which eventually turned out to be fun, because I discovered that Zizou, Figo and Cannavaro are abso-smurf-ly yummyyyy!!!)

Item of clothing:
- 2 things: my Padini Authentic shorts and Dockers cargo pants. I’ve had both of them forever, and they go with everything! I dread the day it falls to pieces. I’m not kidding when I say ‘forever’ – they’re almost 7 years old, babe!

City:
- KL lah… what to see in JB and Ipoh? I like Singapore too. But that’s only because I’ve never traveled further than that!! aahahahhahaa….

Landmark:
- Must say am quite proud of our Twin Towers. They look crappy in postcards but when seen upfront, up close, they still leave me in awe. Apart from that, I love the old kopitiams and rustic backlanes of our smaller towns. Poetry in motion.

Candy bar:
- Kit Kat in Lemon Cheesecake coating!! I actually love chocolates but they give me migraines. So I’m pretty much reduced to ONE cube – cube! – of chocolate a month. Or two. Or three… Or…

Fruit:
- Mango, papaya, rambutan, lychees. I’m such an Asian! yay!

Time of year:
- April, because I take most of my holidays then. And year-end, not because I go on holiday, but my clients do!! And that leaves me with no stress, no work, and a paycheck at the end of the month!! Fa la la la laaa la la la laaa…

Breakfast:
- Cranberry Almond Crunch! Banana Nut Crunch! And once a decade, nasi lemak, char kuay teow, curry laksa, yau char kuay, roti telur and rava thosai!!!!

Thing about Malaysians:
- We’re not too kampung, and not too civilized. A bit awkward, a little naïve, but strong, smart, and always willing to learn, always trying that little bit harder. Always smiling, sometimes humble, but not without self-respect. This by no means refers to the politicians and orang kaya baru’s that wreck the good Malaysian soil with their rotting attitudes and obstinacies.

Compliment:
- I still don’t get it, but when people tell me I’m “sweet”. Basket, they haven’t heard me swear! But my favourite is from my ex-colleague Stef Tan, who claims that my mom ate too much cotton candy while carrying me, and that’s why I’m so sweet and fuzzy. AAWWWWWW… but WAIT! Stef’s a copywriter… biatch!

Ok, ok... no more! no more! :P ... hey, why don't YOU take this interview yourself? Will be quite fun to look back at this 1 year from now. IF your blog is still in existence that is.

6 Comments:

Blogger Penglipur Lara said...

Aye! I've heard you swear!

8:18 PM  
Blogger Leen AshBurn said...

But she is still shweet nevertheless. Me laf yew long tiiimeeee

9:55 PM  
Blogger Adeline Gypsy Heart said...

Me larf you tooooo!!!

Them who call me sweet are those who haven't heard me swear lah. But once hey do, the "sweet" won't ever see the light of day from their mouths!

2:39 PM  
Blogger Penglipur Lara said...

oii bila nak update nih...

9:27 PM  
Blogger Leen AshBurn said...

Do you know it's already December? Update awwready!!

8:05 PM  
Blogger Adeline Gypsy Heart said...

biatches!!

:P

10:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home