Fab, Mad and Bad Addie

Wannabe Poet, bogus Prophet, wobbly Blob of Fat, cynical Kindred Spirit, angry Angel, Irony in Juxtaposition. Oh, and I'm IT illiterate too.

Thursday, December 28, 2006

Disheveled, Disgruntled, Disappointed

I'm just dissed.

I know why, but I don't know where to start.

Firstly I owe an apology for not updating my blog for the longest time.

Secondly I want to apologise for the pessimism that this entry will wreak of.

Thirdly I want to warn you that the next few entries will seem disorderly and completely out of time. That's simply because I've been writing multiple entries at different point of time, and in different frames of mind. And I haven't had time to complete those, or had the time of day to post them. Which is not to say that I have the time now, but I just need to vent and rant and I know if I don't do this now, I will be jaded, vengeful, angry and ugly like a prune.

I'm overloaded with work and my personal life is in shambles. At this year end when everybody's taking time off, I'm inundated with work - presentations and proposals for 2007, all happening back to back. It's a very sadistic and painful blessing, this. It's a positive end to the year and definitely a great year ahead - we've secured one business pitch, and I just received news this evening that we have been recommended as the agency of choice by another client whose business we pitched for a month ago. On top of which, we have been entrusted with the year-long A&P activities for two other clients - without a pitch, and all of these will amount to a billing of close to RM2mil by year ending 2007. Not bad for a new start-up! Yay to me!!! And today, and old Client called me up to award me with a job - without even having to pitch for it. I guess I must've done right and done good in my past eh. Sadly I can't even celebrate. After this entry, I'm going to have to start on another project - pronto!

My personal life is in dire need of organizing! I'm moving out of my apartment and into another - you'll read about it in future entries. As of this afternoon, I have moved 3/4 of my clothes, the rest are partially still hanging in the cupboard, half packed into a suitcase the size of China, some stashed in the laundry basket and some turning into pickled vegetables in the washing machine. I still have to figure out how to cart my two side tables, shoe rack, SHOES!!, mini home theater set, chair and about 10-odd stray paper bags containing stuff that couldn't fit into boxes. Too paltry for a lorry to cart, too much for a car. I wanted to cart them bit by bit, day to day, but looking at work schedule, it'd be suicide to go home, stuff my car, drive all the way to Ampang at blinkin' 1.00AM, deliver stuff into apartment, then drive back, shower and sleep by 3.00AM. And wake up by 9.00AM to get to work by 11.00AM. Wow. Yippee. Yay.

Which brings me to answer the question you're all asking - why isn't anyone helping me? Before I begin, please mentally play Faure's "Requiem, Opus 48 - In Paradisum"...

I've been terribly disappointed, but I think mostly, hurt by the revolting attitudes of two particular persons who had volunteered to help me. Let me also explain that my brother - who lives with me and who is also moving out at the same time - and I share the same friends. Seeing that we are both moving on the same day and that he has a lot more things to carry, I figured my friends would be flat out tired enough. So I thought I'd take on my other friends' offers to help me move. Nearer to the date, I sent text messages and even called, but neither responded. So I'm religiously skimming the pages of our dailies looking for news of more people being blown up by explosives, alien abduction or perhaps the quake in Taiwan caused Celcom lines to go kabonkers as early as 2 weeks back. Straaaaannnge...

The hurtful bit is that I thought there was a chance of a relationship with one of them. There - Addie spat it out. What to do? Move on lah. Another soiled attempt at a relationship with someone I liked. And that's rare. Finding someone I like, that is.

All I want to do now is to get all job reports out by end of this week, move on out and organise my personal life, work myself to the brink of death, hire some staff and then go on holiday during Chinese New Year. Sorry folks - you are most welcome to my Mom's apartment in Cheras - she makes kick-ass Mee Siam and Peanut Cookies - but I won't be there. I'll be on sleep mode on some remote island with only the native primates to annoy me.

It's bloody 10.20PM on a Thursday night, three days to the New Year. Bah humbug. I haven't had dinner, am hungry as hell but I really don't know what to eat. Some idiot is laughing like a hyena on the street below. My bladder is full. I'm going nuts.

Sigh...

1 Comments:

Blogger Leen AshBurn said...

Aww babe, poor gel *HUG and a grope in the arse*. Pst. which island? I'm soooo hankering to geroff somewhere too. This peninsula is getting too cramp. I need my quota of hunky island boys.

7:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home